This program is on hiatus and will not be offered summer 2018.
This program is on hiatus and applications will not open for summer 2018. Stanford Sports Business Academy is for current high school sophomores and juniors who live in the United States. You are invited to apply if you sastisfy with the following requirements:
- Are a sophomore or junior high school student (at the time of your application) who lives and attends high school in the U.S.
- Have demonstrated an interest in business.
- Have demonstrated an interest in careers in the sports and entertainment industries with a focus on management, law, negotiation, marketing, and leadership.
- Have a 3.0 GPA.
Students who don’t meet these basic requirements aren’t eligible to apply for this program. Exceptions cannot be made.
How to Apply
A complete application includes the following:
- A Preliminary Application in which the applicant provides basic background and contact information.
- An Online Application form, with which the applicant includes essays and transcript upload. Applications become available mid-December each year.
- Two letters of recommendation. One must be from a teacher and another from a coach, counselor, principal, or mentor.
Email is our primary mode of communication and each applicant will receive a confirmation email from us after his or her application is received and processed.
If you don’t have an email address, we strongly encourage you or your parents or guardians to register for one. (Free emails are available through Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and other such email hosting services.) If the Stanford Sports Business Academy staff has any questions about your application, or if there is something missing, an email will be sent asking that the applicant contact us immediately. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to check his or her email regularly and respond to us.
Given the size of the applicant pool, we recommend that you apply early. Please don’t contact us regarding your status.
Admission to the Sports Business Academy is need-blind, meaning that all complete applications are given full consideration regardless of the applicant's income. There is limited financial aid available for the Sports Business Academy once students are admitted to the program. This aid will be offered in the form of partial and full scholarships. Aid is granted based upon need and other factors including merit. Members of historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Students who wish to be considered for financial aid must fill out and submit the Financial Aid Application and supporting documentation along with their complete application for admission to the program. Only complete Financial Aid applications will be considered for aid. Applicants who have submitted a financial aid application can also request an application fee waiver by emailing email@example.com.